Cheesecake may be one of the most decadent types of dessert. This cheesecake bar with chocolate ganache adds an additional layer (no pun intended) of richness and decadence. If you are craving something sweet, creamy cool and chocolatey this will definitely not disappoint.
Is your mouth watering yet?
Start with using one and a half sleeves of graham crackers to make the buttery crumb crust.
I just love watching things whirl around inside my food processor and become transformed into something completely different.
Here’s the completely transformed cracker crumbs.
They look a little dizzy to me, poor things.
Yup, exactly one and a half cups.
The crumbs with my 3 brown sugar domes (shape made by my measuring spoon). Drizzle in the butta!
Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly.
Be sure to lick your fingers when this step is done.
Look at this creamy richness. Good enough to eat with a spoon………but I resisted, barely.
Smooth everything out as evenly as possible. I also threw the pan down on the counter top a few times to get air bubbles out.
Now for the chocolate ganache. I used half and half instead of heavy cream as the original recipe indicated. I figure it would help with my sweet tooth guilt. Didn’t really…….
Here is the masterpiece after an overnight stay in the refrigerator. I prepare my knife in a glass of hot water. Wipe it dry and cut your bars out. The hot knife makes it so much easier. Make sure to dip the knife back into the glass and wipe clean before each new cut. This will ensure nice clean cuts.
But luckily I don’t have to, I still have some pieces left in the fridge. If my kids didn’t get to them first. Oh, I gotta go check!
Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Ganache
Adapted from Bakerella
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers (1 ½ sleeves)
3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
6 Tablespoons melted butter
- Mix cookies and sugar together.
- Add butter and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into a 9 X 13 inch pan.
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
8 oz. sour cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the sugar, cream cheese, and flour with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- On medium low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Pour on prepared crust and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Prepare ganache.
1 cup half-and-half
2 oz. butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup powdered sugar
- Heat cream and butter on stove until just before boiling.
- Remove from stove and pour over chocolate. Stir until completely combined.
- Add powdered sugar and beat with a wire whisk until combined and smooth.
- Pour over cooled cheesecake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Makes 24 bars.